dreamy links for writers

For those who write stories or poems of gentleness and magic, I hope these resources will help you to enter into a lovely mood for writing or imagining.






dreamy images

felimath
the fairy's garden
le jardin secret
dream a little dream
lost treasure box
gentle soul
chardonette
soft trails
crowns of flowers
gingerlilly tea
secrets of a butterfly
dancing in milky meadows
dreamy photography
wonderful things
flowerish
nikoline
enchanted wood
white swans and whimsy
thimble and violet


dreamy words

fae soul
emma tree
nirmala mayur patil
sea cottage
heartbox studio
spirit soul earth
seven miles of steel thistles
wisteria & sunshine
roost


dreamy music

hannah fury
cocteau twins
bree tranter
lilium
debussy
lotte kestner
norah jones
yasmeen amina olya
agnes obel
clannad
freelance whales
loreena mckennitt
the honey trees
the paper kites
stevie nicks
tori amos
laura jansen
french for rabbits
kate bush


dreamy storytellers

henry beston
pablo neruda
isabel allende
george macdonald
patricia mckillip
cassandra golds
susan chambers
emily dickinson
antoine de saint-exupery
enid blyton
eowyn ivey
lm montgomery
keats
charles de lint
the bronte sisters
patricia wrightson


dreamy films

the butcher's wife
bright star
labyrinth
edward scissorhands
chocolat
ever after
ella enchanted
the princess bride
jane eyre
persuasion
moulin rouge!
up
dead poets society
skellig
ondine
the secret of roan inish
cyrano de bergerac


These lists are only small; I had to stop because I have homey things to be doing. Of course the classical composers belong here, and the great poets like Wordsworth. I added some, but otherwise wanted to give space to people who might not be commonly known. Please add your own suggestions in the comments section.



6 comments:

  1. love your list of storytellers

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thank you for this Sarah. I have enjoyed clicking through the links and exploring, and I look forward to spending even more time doing so in more depth. This is very helpful.

    ReplyDelete
  3. bookmarking this so i can slow visit everyone on the list. (and i feel honored to be included.) thank you thank you!! and ps - when i need a little dreaminess, i always head for your pinterest pages. xoxo

    ReplyDelete
  4. Thank you so very much. I miss writing so much. When I was younger, my imagination had no limits and storytelling was a huge joy to me. But for some years I'm no able to write stories anymore. I don't know why. Did I lost it forever?
    I'll visit all those links, thanks to you. Maybe somewhere there I'll find my lost ability to write. You're a big authority to me.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Thank you everyone.

    Linn, I do hope your find inspiration :)

    ReplyDelete
  6. I like your lists. The Secret of Roan Inish is one of my favorite movies.

    ReplyDelete