gentle women bloggers

A shivery light rain is falling amonst the sere trees this afternoon. I'd like to say it was instinct which made me bring the laundry in from the line just in time, but to be honest I think it was probably sheer luck. It's so easy to find special meaning in things that just are.

I'm not particularly interested in special meanings today. The world is beautiful and magical enough. Besides, it seems there are so many women with gorgeous websites on the internet, sharing their own brand of wisdom, selling meaning and fulfillment to other women, and I admire them, am fascinated by them, and look over and again for the other ones - the gentle ones, who share their hearts, giving out what they love for no reason but that they love it, offering no special meaning beyond that which they see, which they feel.

Then again, I think it is mainly just me liking quiet and humble kinds of people. The internet is not really the best place to find them. And of course we need bold people too, entrepreneurs, vivacious women full of big ideas. However, if you are a hush-soft spirit looking for gentleness, here are some places you might like to visit.


Sea Cottage
Aiken House and Gardens
As Cozy As Spring
Beauty Flows
Butterfly and Bungalow
Emma Tree
Gingerlillytea
Nirmala Mayur Patil
Seamless
Dragonfly Dreams
The Drawing Board
Sleepwalking in New York
Mia's Landliv
Lesley Austin
Lady Fi
Sea Angels

These web journals are no longer updated, but the archives remain ...

Cottage Blessings
Aspiring Homemaker

A number of these women have books or businesses which they promote, but they do so with such discretion, dignity and beauty, they are an inspiration to me. The others inspire me through the example of their lives.

I haven't listed every gentle woman blogger; some of my favourite places didn't quite make the list because they are colourful, wry or witty, or they have a deeper mood. And I know I will regret those names which I have accidentally omitted. If you have any lovely, quiet, humble links to add, please let us know in the comments.

19 comments:

  1. Thank you Sarah. Being included on that list, even though I no longer blog, means so much to me. You have always been such a source of inspiration to me, and I'm glad we found each other. The archives of my blog are gone from the internet. They're only in book form now. I do think about coming back though, when the time is right.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Oh, I didn't check first, sorry. I miss your blogging but I know life is more important and I just hope you are having a truly beautiful wonderful one :-)

      Delete
  2. What gorgeous shots! There are lots of lovely people out there on the Internet.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yours is a link I must add to the list, your photographs are so wonderful.

      Delete
  3. so lovely of you to share the women who touch you
    and
    who have depth and beauty to share
    thank you
    and thank you so much for including me amongst them
    there is something lovely in the small things
    like bringing laundry in before the rain
    it feels like life is right in the world

    ReplyDelete
  4. Looking forward to browsing your links. I too am a bit tired of all the marketing and seminars, the hype over the secret of finding your feminine side and inner goddess. To me a real woman is someone with two X chromosomes, you can toss all the other labels.

    Love,

    Pippi Longstocking

    ReplyDelete
  5. Oh thank you so much for the links. There is such strength in gentleness.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Dear Aine, you were one of the names I was going to add, you have such a thoughtful and lovely perspective, but when I thought of you I decided you had "a deeper mood". I mean this as a compliment!

      Delete
  6. Thank you for sharing these links with us. I follow a few of these, and look forward to visiting the others.
    ~ Lin

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Dear Lin, yours is another name I could have added, only I am new to visiting you so it slipped my mind.

      Delete
  7. Thank you for sharing me and sharing these other women. I am bookmarking every site.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Sarah thank you for including me in your list of gentle bloggers. It isn't always easy to remain here on the web and lead a quiet life. I long for the gentle, humble places so thank you for this list. I will go visit them. So many of them I have never been to. One of my favorite gentle bloggers is Lynn of Sea Angels. Her link is on my blog list on my sidebar.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Oh yes, I forgot about Lynn, she is a wonderful artist and beautiful blogger. I so enjoy her weblog.

      Delete
  9. I enjoy many of the same blogs. :)

    ReplyDelete
  10. Oh what a gorgeous list! Love love love. Several of my special favorites there. :) I look forward to visiting the others.

    ReplyDelete
  11. Thank you, Sarah. xoxoxo We have been back a week now, but we are still getting settled into routines.I will have to look at the other lovely blogs, some of them I love already.

    ReplyDelete
  12. Thank you for including me on your list of gentle bloggers.♥

    ReplyDelete
  13. Thanks for sharing that refreshing list - I've visited every one.

    ReplyDelete
  14. Thank you for this list of gentle blogs. I think I ended up following all of them. I feel I've found some new kindred spirits.

    ReplyDelete