wishes from a watery place

I went to the beach today. I walked the wrack-line, the prickly tangle of shell and weed, ache and memory. I watched tiny silver waves come in.

And I thought of you.

Of Kerrie especially, who would have loved the sea's white lace hem. But infact of all the women who read my weblog and leave notes of friendship, encouragement, kindness. I took photographs and rummaged through words, wondering what I could tell you about my afternoon spent wandering the sandshore ... what I could give you from the edge of the world.

But it rained on me as I walked home, the whole sky weeping down my cold face, beneath my sunglasses, over my mouth. Any intelligent post ideas I might have had washed away. There are so many fabulous, famous, wise women on the internet; I am not one of them. Sometimes I try to pretend. But tonight I can only offer you my wordless, wintered honesty. There's nothing fabulous here. Just a woman faraway beside the sea wishing wisdom and happiness for you.


15 comments:

  1. you are a wonderful writer...yours is the first place I come to visit each morning...

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. oh my, you don't know how wonderful that makes me feel! thank you :-)

      Delete
  2. knowing you're out there - just a woman faraway beside the sea - makes me believe in fairy tales, and keeps me believing in magic. there is nothing but fabulous here. just tell me your stories.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. and so my job is done. I want everyone believing in magic and fairy tales :-) thank you xx

      Delete
  3. I love your thoughts, the way you knit with words; I love your photographs, the way you see. You are wise and wonderful--and that's not pretend.

    ReplyDelete
  4. How nice it is to be thought of. Thank you.

    ReplyDelete
  5. There's so much here that's fabulous. The picture you paint of walking by the shore, contemplating, watching, being. The way you put words together as only a poet of your sensitivity can. The humility that, let me assure you, is too great. You are indeed one of the internet's fabulous, wise women. That you aren't famous, well, that says more about our world than it does you. I feel blessed you're here.

    ReplyDelete
  6. I wish I could be there and feel the waves on my skin, and smell the breeze.

    ReplyDelete
  7. I stumbled on your blog just this week. I feel home here :)

    ReplyDelete
  8. I think if we were looking for "fabulous", we would look elsewhere (although I don't think I am ever looking for fabulous, come to think of it : ). But since we are looking for you and whatever it is that you choose to share, we find just what we are seeking...

    ReplyDelete