the little time I have been long away


I am back after a five day holiday. Those of you who receive Deep in the Far Away know what I've been doing - for the rest of you, I will say that it was mainly a lot of driving. We probably spent about eighteen hours on the road. I learned that, after the first two or three hours looking at ravishingly beautiful scenery, it gets tedious. I learned that I am not a country person after all, which surprised me.

And I learned that I can survive for five days without the internet, although there was one annoying moment when I wanted a good synonym for wind and I suddenly appreciated what a luxury it is to have nearly limitless information available at the touch of a button.

It was good to be away. And it is good to be home again.



joining in texture tuesday with kim klassen

14 comments:

  1. Beautiful! Even the texture gives the illusion of the wind.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I am drawn to images of solitary trees - something about the notion of shelter and the enduring nature of trees. Great addition of texture and the simple caption. Lovely photo.

    ReplyDelete
  3. it is interesting to learn new things about oneself
    18 hours is a lot of driving, hopefully not in one or two days
    i remember taking my son on a beautiful driving trip once, he read most the time
    and when we reached the next beautiful place he stated "i can not take one more beautiful place!"
    now he remembers it as an amazing trip ;-)
    beautiful photo
    and yes, the computer is so handy
    welcome home

    ReplyDelete
  4. Gorgeous. I can't imagine driving that distance here in the UK three hours is a long time !

    ReplyDelete
  5. Wonderful texture, it does make it look like the wind is blowing through. Simple and Beautiful.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Chuckling at the idea of 18 hours of driving! Your tree image is textured beautifully....and labeled perfectly!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Gorgeous image! Love your texture work too.

    ReplyDelete
  8. This is beautiful - I love your processing!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Sweet - you've done something lovely here!

    ReplyDelete
  10. Lovely image. Yes, what did we do before the internet? We had to go look things up in a dictionary or encyclopedia! Thank goodness for the internet.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Actually, if I'd been at home I'd have had a dictionary and a thesaurus within arm's reach. But I was away and unresourced (for I can no longer count on my memory these days.) :-)

      Delete
  11. I had noticed the quietness from your corner of the globe. Glad to have you back.

    Learning something new about yourself (whatever that may be) is always so enlightening, obviously. Moreso when we find out it's something different from a long held belief. It's good to grow. :)

    ReplyDelete
  12. Very pretty and creative..it is an image that makes you stop and look at it...and then think about how it makes you feel

    ReplyDelete
  13. Beautiful. Lovely sky. Great composition.

    ReplyDelete