discovered while wandering

It is Friday evening here, and I am working on the final pages of Deep in the Far Away. I am waiting for that moment when it makes me cry, and then I will know it is finished. I have nothing spare in me for a blogpost, and so may I offer you instead these things found while drifting through the strange and lovely world of the internet this week? I hope you like them as much as I did.





Tiger in a Jar ... there is so much calm gentleness here, it draws a breath from me like a ribbon from a magician's sleeve. And here is their official website.

I especially love their video Fig & Faun farm, and how to braid and curl your hair.

I want to read this book on Jason and Medea and the adventures of the Argonauts. I have loved that story since I was six years old. I always feel a little sad for children who grow up with squeaky tv cartoons when I know myself what a blessing to the spirit and the imagination the great old stories can be.

This service offers be a lovely way to create a photo album for the year.

This is beautiful, wild, achingly true.


(joining with kim klassen for friday finds.)

9 comments:

  1. lovely post and photo!

    Happy Weekend,
    artmusedog and carol

    ReplyDelete
  2. My children always ask what time it is "at the edge of the world?" referring, of course in children's minds, to Australia and New Zealand. I always think of you now. :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. I have a huge girl crush on Hillary Rain. Pretty much everything she writes and shares makes me sit up and take notice
    x

    ReplyDelete
  4. I need to try the rag-curls on the uppermost layer of hair. All the curls are tight except for those. I've tried braiding before, and it has worked well, but it tends to leave more zig-zags rather than cork screws, which are the natural direction of my curls.

    Thanks for sharing! I'm excited to do this.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Yes, wonderful shot, really nice composition, deliciously mysterious !!

    ReplyDelete
  6. thank you everyone for your kind comments. especially regarding the photo, which is one of my favourites.

    ReplyDelete
  7. i love your links…and i love it when you stop by and visit….thank YOU!

    ReplyDelete