dreams like roses and the shadows of the sea

We walked up the hill, breathing the cool, scratchy sea breeze. It was casting shadows all over the world, shadows like the promise of rain in this parching summer. We, who had been born in the mountains, could sense for certain the mountains beneath the sea. The sky was becoming their colour, their quiet dark mood. We watched it as we walked home.




And now the world is shivering with rain from the mountain-coloured sky. And I am dreaming old dreams about storytelling which I've long thought I could not have because, although I dreamt them six years ago when I lived in my little cottage on the hill above the ocean, surrounded by white rose trees, someone else wakened a similar dream in the years since, before me. But today my daughter shared an idea she had for our next fundraising project - the same idea I dreamed amongst the roses. And I realised there is no new idea, not anywhere. And I thought ...

Maybe.



9 comments:

  1. I can hardly wait! I love your storytelling ....

    ReplyDelete
  2. How exciting! For me anyway : ) You weave such beauty in your tales. xxx

    ReplyDelete
  3. Love this. You weave words so perfectly.

    ReplyDelete
  4. you will make it your own
    and i sense we will love it

    ReplyDelete
  5. Thank you all for such lovely and encouraging ... heartening ... notes. <3

    ReplyDelete