the first footer at my house

This first day of the new year has been beautiful, so beautiful. A cold wind brought rain. I opened my door to it and sat drinking tea, listening quietly for all the poetry of the far away wild.




The old year went swiftly out my door last night, looking like a ghost goddess, trailing white dreams, white memories; blurring fast into the midnight. She left behind a pile of aches and murmurings I wanted to sit amongst, sorting them into silence, but the front door was opening, so I left them for the while. I went to be with the future.

And the future brought me the rain that I love.


7 comments:

  1. That's beautifully said Sarah. We should all walk out that front door now. Happy New Year my friend. :D

    ReplyDelete
  2. So lovely Sarah. Sounds like a beautiful gift given you. I can also see the old year passing by like a ghost goddess.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Sarah - still searching for the perfect blog layout :). So glad you found your rain at last. Welcome to the new year.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Lol, I will never find happiness with my blog layout, I think. I don't like this one, but I like the header surrounded by black, and its raining here, so ... I do wish I was more stable. :-)

      Delete
  4. I have been considering, that the way you use words, undoes the worlds way of perceiving and offers a new way, a way for each of our hearts to show us anew.

    ReplyDelete