making a bag from my skirts and small dreams

So I have decided at last to do one of these email letters : I choose, at least right now, to fall on the side of words rather than pictures. It will be a small weekly addendum to my weblog; a kind of bag which you can open in the quiet of your own inbox, and draw out various oddments which I hope you will like.





I am doing this as a form of prayer to the wild nocturnal spirit I love, the spirit of poetry and dreaming tales. Or, if you prefer metaphor, a kind of gardening in the over-summered soil of my creative ground. I am putting in to that soil my ashes and broken bits of story, my wishes and elisions, and I will see what grows. There is a time of watering hard earth with tapwater and with weeping. There is a time for compost. The body usually knows which is which. We are all born gardeners. And we are all born to pray. It is the same thing.

The little bag will contain things you won't see here. This is my chance to go deeper into language and imagery than a blogpost can allow, but for less time than a story requires. It is also a chance for me to step more into the flow of the wild dreaming that flows constantly in the quiet everywhere. I love it there. So yes, I'm doing it for me. But I hope someone will want to come keep me company.

The first one will be sent out soon.


8 comments:

  1. This makes me very happy. Can't wait to see what might land in my inbox :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Subscribed -looking forward to keeping you company! Blessings for this new journey
    Mo :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. So happy you have chosen words over images. Your words are deeply meaningful to me. I am moved by your decision and look forward to being in your company.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Oh goodie! I've signed up :) x

    ReplyDelete
  5. Imagery has always been my first language. But words aren't far behind.
    I look forward to your emails.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Thank you for such lovely encouragement :-)

    ReplyDelete
  7. already signed up. looking forward to reading more of your words & wisdom & tiny little sweet things.

    have a lovely day.

    ReplyDelete