niru

Today is still here, white here, and sleeping beneath a restrained sun. I am waiting for the night, when the land comes alive with all its old magic.


For years now, I've considered Nirmala Mayur Patil to be one of my favourite internet journal-keepers. The serenity of her web space, the calmness of her voice, the way she sees the world - all of these things make me linger with each of her posts, taking in their silence as well as their gentle poetry. I have tried many times over the years to emulate her visual style, but I have a restless heart, whereas Nirmala holds peacefulness so steadily, with beautiful truth.

Her latest post contains such wise thoughts about motherhood, I felt compelled to share them ...

 but as her mother, my soul intention is to raise her to love, whatever she may choose to love. and i can only foster that love through a language that i know how to speak. i cannot help her to fulfill her destiny as water by trying become water myself. i can only do it by offering my natural-self to her.  Read the rest here



For words and silence, stars and white curtains that sings with the tiniest bells as a breeze drifts through quiet rooms, visit Niru's lovely place.


9 comments:

  1. Thank you for directing me to Nirmala's calm space... I can see why you like it so - it's how I feel about yours :)
    PS
    Just a wee thought - any chance you could enlarge your font-size? I adore your posts, but I find them hard to read... I enlarge them, but then they go beyond my laptop screen and I have to scroll back & forth... xx

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you. I understand about the font size. I myself find it hard to read, but give in to the temptation of visual style. I love the look of small text ... even though I can't see it, lol.

      I hope its big enough now I've changed it :-)

      Delete
    2. Oh you sweetie, it's just perfect now, thank you! I've just replied to your comment on my blog :) I love that we can have wee blog conversations across the globe xxx

      Delete
  2. Beautiful post, thank you for the sharing.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Thank You for sharing this link. You are right - what a lovely, quiet spirit.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Thank you for sharing this beautiful blog. It's one of those rare gems I look for online.

    ReplyDelete
  5. dearest sarah,
    how do i even react to this.
    you're too kind to me. i'm humbled by all that you feel.
    thank you with all of myself
    please know you're an inspiration to me, truly.

    namasthe
    niru

    ReplyDelete
  6. a heartfelt thank you to everyone for the gift of your kind words.

    ReplyDelete