something about the moon

I have seen the moon in countless states of beauty throughout my life, but last night she mesmerised me as never before. Gliding through dark, sodden clouds, she was gold, and exuding red-gold, and gloriously fat with a love-light that made her seem warm. I wondered if the birds on the pond imagined they had dreamed her. I wondered if small children stood at their bedroom windows, trying to reach her. And meanwhile, tiny mysterious lights flickered in and out of the darkness. 

There was magic in the moonlight last night. There was magic in the moon.


5 comments:

  1. It was huge, round and yellow and kept drawing me to the window to look at her - look, she said - see how beautiful I am - I really do believe there was magic in that big old harvest moon last night, shining through the closed curtains giving an ethereal glow to the room, almost like daylight but with mystery.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Of course here it was a spring moon, but the magic was palpable; I see that many people around the world felt it.

    ReplyDelete
  3. the moon glowed last night, all night, as richly as i've ever seen it do. quite compelling...

    ReplyDelete
  4. The moon here has been magical and golden!

    ReplyDelete
  5. It was one of the most beautiful moonrises I've ever seen.

    ReplyDelete