wandering around dreaming

I have spent several days lately walking the wild hare ways. My skirts smell of allium triquetum, which is more commonly known as onion weed. My books are full of pressed flowers. And I am remembering what I remember every Spring - the importance of nature's gentle, honest beauty to my heart.




Today I watched two small brown rabbits browsing beneath oak trees. I made chains of white and pink daisies, and lifted my face to windswept sunlight, the promise of shadow, the memory of hills. It was such a simple morning, and yet it felt so rich. I think I would not like living in a mansion and having everything given to me. Simplicity and smallness makes little wild rabbits seem like magic, and a cloud-filled sky seem like a cathedral.


I told a dear friend that I would recommend some instagram galleries to her. So here is my small list - only a few, mainly because I'm scared if I write down many, I will upset someone by leaving them out. But this is just random handful  ...


kashyapi
ffion snaith
velvetears
coralfleur

unworn
mirjana grasser
sharon covert











8 comments:

  1. "Simplicity and smallness makes little wild rabbits seem like magic, and a cloud-filled sky seem like a cathedral." Oh, how true, my friend. We have a few sweet little rabbits in our yard and I always get excited to them in the mornings and evenings.

    Thank you for this delightful post. Hugs to you, dear one!

    ReplyDelete
  2. i needed a restful, tranquil reminder of the world's beauty this morning. thank you for that.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Sounds like you were in a dreamy frame of mind. Nice to read you are still on form - I thought we had lost you for a while, you didn't seem yourself somehow - good to have the Sarah we know and love.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks, I'd love to know what you mean :)

      Delete
    2. Just a feeling I had that you weren't quite with us.

      Delete
    3. I wrote a reply but it disappeared, so this may double up if it eventually returns ...

      Thank you, you're right. Health issues, time issues ... but I'm hoping the warmer weather will help. Summer will end up being too hot but for the next couple of months it will hopefully be healing. Thank you, and ((hugs))

      Delete
  4. I love my small, simple life for the same reasons you have shared here (for example, where is the magic in a store-bought, polyester daisy chain?) A little brown rabbit has made a home beneath one of our garden chairs. We usually put all of the chairs away for the winter, but I am going to insist that this one stays out. :)

    Thank you so much for sharing such lovely instagram links! Each one is wonderful, but I think I especially love Ffion snaith, velvetears, and sharon covert. ♥

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I'm so glad you like them :)

      Delete