twilight

I love the serenity of the in-between hour, the dusk before night rises from deep in the earth. By serenity, I don't mean safe though. Everyone knows dusk is when the borders are thinnest, and if you go walking at that time - not driving home in rush hour, not hurrying between bus stop and house, but rather taking a stroll as if it's a communion with the world - you can sense the potent, spellbinding, dangerous peace of a truth we don't usually acknowledge.

I wonder who is on the other side of life's seam, of the subtle horizon, looking at me and wondering what kind of magic or dream I may be.


2 comments:

  1. Oh yes, my favorite time of day, this is when I go and sit in my garden and listen.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love the hour of twilight, too, the mystery hour. : )

    ReplyDelete