when you're too tired

I went out amongst thunderstorms today and came home dazedly tired from all that beautiful, fierce energy. I'd lost my umbrella and my heart to the wind. It's lovely, so lovely - this winter, this wild. There's nothing like walking in a storm to make you feel truly alive. But now I'm too tired to write a coherent weblog post. And so I offer you only something small tonight ... a couple of quotes from an old friend, Anne of Avonlea ... Because when you're too tired for finding your own wisdom, there's plenty out there for you to borrow. It is, I think, one of the loveliest things about humankind, that we share our best thoughts, our best selves, and our visions of love. We willingly distribute such great treasure.

"I'd like to add some beauty to life ... I'd love for people to have some little joy or happy thought that would never have existed if I hadn't been born."

"I've come home in love with loneliness."

“After all, I believe the nicest and sweetest days are not those on which anything very splendid or wonderful or exciting happens, but just those that bring simple little pleasures, following one another softly, like pearls slipping off a string."

Oh what a poet Maud was; what a beautiful and deep soul. Borrowing from her wisdom, her poetry and beauty,  I wish you sweet, simple days. I wish you happiness and joy within the storms.

3 comments:

  1. Storms are so beautifully powerful. There was a sudden storm yesterday afternoon that didn't last, a sudden upset, a mild temper tantrum. It happened while I was quietly meditating and so I found it particularly magical.

    Blog is an ugly word, isn't it? It's too similar to blah.

    ReplyDelete
  2. She is one of the best...the last quote is a favorite...the pearls part I love. Thank you.
    I like journal better than blog too.

    ReplyDelete